Thursday, June 25, 2015

Welcome!

Summer Vacation. Those two words are anticipated by students and teachers alike, and feared by parents. As the year comes to an end, the students become anxious as their attention spans dwindle, and teachers struggle to complete all that comes with the end of the year and count down their days to freedom. And then, that glorious day arrives. That final bell rings and students run out the door cheering, leaving a trail of papers in their wake. Following on their heels are the teachers, gearing up for 2 months of nothing but rest and relaxation with no thoughts of school until September; at least that's what everyone who is not a teacher assumes happens. Those of us who are lucky enough to be teachers know that the clock doesn't stop when that bell rings and that summer vacation isn't all fun and games, however, it is usually a time that allows some freedom, much less stress and most importantly, well deserved time outside of the classroom. So, with all that being said-- welcome to my attempt at blogging. So, I'm on my summer vacation as of this past Friday, and it's the first time that I don't have a job. I've been wanting to start a blog for a while, but the school year is insane and I hardly had time to get my work done, nevermind anything I wanted to do. So let me introduce myself, I'm Tanya. I am a special education teacher by day and Adult Education English Teacher at night. I love to cook, craft and create. I'm in a wheelchair, due to a spinal cord injury almost 13 years ago, and have an awesome Service Dog because of it. I love to bake vegan deserts. I'm not vegan, but I'm super lactose intolerant so I bake all vegan stuff. I was vegetarian all throughout high school and college and still cook mostly vegetarian, but you may see a couple chicken dishes from time to time. Ok, so this is a place that I will share recipes, lessons, school stuff, pictures of my fur babies, and just randomly sharing stuff. I promise, there will be more interested stuff than this on here. So sit back, grab a Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, and enjoy. And to get this started, let me add photos of my kids.
Bess and General Tso Kitten (they're bestest friends)
Cody cat in the salad spinner box (cats do love boxes)
Cody and GT the one time I caught them snuggling
Bessie Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment