Thursday, September 15, 2016

Finally!

I've been to a lot of weddings, bridal showers, etc.  This summer/ fall alone I had 4 bridal showers and 5 weddings.  After going to so many over the years, there is one question that is on every unmarried girl's mind... When will I ever get a Kitchen Aid Mixer?!?!

 I say this because a Kitchen Aid Mixer is stupid expensive.  Pretty much everyone in my age range that has one received it as a bridal shower gift, because who really can spend $500 on a mixer that weighs more than the cook? I've wanted one forever.  Problem being, I'm never planning on doing that marriage thing, so I figured I'd never get one.  When my little brother's fiance received one at her bridal shower, I thought about the lack of cooking they do and how neglected that poor mixer would be. I looked at the box longingly and thought, "I'll give you a good home little buddy. We can make cupcakes and pretzel bread and cookies..." If you love to cook, and don't have a Kitchen Aid- you feel my pain.

Back in August, Best Buy had an anniversary sale and had a red Kitchen Aid for 50% off. I wanted to buy it then, but I felt it was an irresponsible purchase with no job and stuff.  Last week they had it on sale again... Less than $200- I felt it was a sign and bought it.

Of course it came during a heat wave, so the last thing I felt like doing was baking.  But, as soon as the heat broke, I busted it out and it is sitting pretty on my kitchen table, waiting to be used.  Of course I'm busy all day today, but tomorrow-- I have big plans for it...



No comments:

Post a Comment